Monday, February 17, 2014

Cooking Challenge Twenty14 #1

I was inspired by others' 2014 resolutions to make a cooking one of my own. Hence the Cooking Challenge Twenty14 was born. Firstly, I just want to experiment more regarding recipes I've never tried before. Second, I received Julia Child's cookbooks for Christmas {not this past year but two years ago} and have not done those books justice! Therefore, I want to draw some recipes from that. So here is what the experiment has brought so far.

\\ First off the chart was Julia Child's famous "Beef Bourguignon". There are no words. It was so rich and rewarding and delicious and worth the hours of time spent in the kitchen. Here's an online version of the recipe. //

\\ Again a Julia Child recipe. I really wanted to try hollandaise sauce. The texture is tough to get right, and I did not quite master it. Still, it was deliciously buttery and yummy with asparagus. Try your luck here. //

\\ Lastly, I tried the increasingly popular kale chips. First batch, YUCK. I added WAY too much salt. Second batch, mmmmm, much better. The recipe is just kale, salt, and olive oil for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. So simple! //

Share a recipe below if it's one I simply must try!
Happy Monday!

 Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest  Instagram ♥ YouTube ♥ Google+ 


2 comments:

Alissa said... [Reply to comment]

I made kale chips once and they were the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. I think I put too much oil on them and then they burned. They definitely weren't crispy though. Somehow I managed to burn them and also make them super limp!

Jen Dang said... [Reply to comment]

I love kale chips, but I have yet to master the perfect recipe! Yours look relish though!

xo Jen
Skirt The Rules