Monday, January 27, 2014

{Outfit} Maxi Dress in Winter

Earrings: Ardene // Necklace: Stella & Dot // Maxi: Handmade
Sweater: Drop Dead Darlings // Belt: Rikki's // Booties: The Bay




Alright, it's decided. I am not a fashion blogger. I never have been, and I never will be {never say never}. I follow a lot of fashion blogs and have nothing but the highest admiration for these beautiful women who take pictures of their inspiring outfits day in and day out! But that isn't me. All that being said, I do like to do fashion posts and am going to try to do one outfit post per month in 2014. What do you think? Doable? 

This month's outfit is brought to you after many months of thinking about it, much Pinterest research, and four winters of this cold weather. I knew I wanted to attempt the maxi trend in the middle of winter, but I hadn't put pen to paper yet, so to speak. But now that I did it, I LOVED IT! I had so much fun digging out my summer maxi {which I sewed by the by} and wearing it in -25 weather. So until next time! 

Happy Monday!

 Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Pinterest  Instagram ♥ YouTube 

pleated poppyAll Things Thursday Link Party


11 comments:

Alissa said... [Reply to comment]

I love maxi dresses but never wear them in the winter. This looks so comfortable and perfect for cold days!

Brewed Together said... [Reply to comment]

Love this fun black dress and necklace! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

Kelsey Hibbs said... [Reply to comment]

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog, and I love this post! I totally feel the same about fashion blogging. Maybe I should try just once a month too! Love the blog! Following now :)


Kelsey @ ijustliketheb.blogspot.com

Vanessa Ciliberto said... [Reply to comment]

beautiful look!

TheVogueWord
TheVogueWord

Vanessa Ciliberto said... [Reply to comment]

lovely look!

TheVogueWord
TheVogueWord

Michelle LL said... [Reply to comment]

You look gorgeous, love your black maxi dress, perfect to wear for parties xoxo :)

Jodi H said... [Reply to comment]

You pulled it off!I love the maxi dress with the cardigan, necklace and especially your belt. Great fashion post

www.highheelsandtutus.com

Gentri said... [Reply to comment]

How cool that you made the dress! :D I can.not.sew. at all. haha! One outfit post per month is totally doable. :) I've come a long way in just the last year/ year and a half of consistent outfit posting and have seen my style change even in that time. :) It's fun.

J is for Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

Visiting from the link up! I just love maxi dresses, and they're so easy to pair with leggings in the cold weather, so you can wear them year round! Cute necklace too!

Rebecca @ Mommy in Heels said... [Reply to comment]

I bet, slowly but surely you will start doing more than one outfit post a month! :) I love your whole outfit! Looks great! Thanks for linking up for What She Wears!

Because of Jackie said... [Reply to comment]

Loving how you styled this dress, with the belt and cozy sweater! Now I need to drag my maxi dresses out and give it a try;)